Job title: Country Programme Manager, Ethiopia
Reporting to: Head of Programmes, Africa
Responsible for: All Health Poverty Action (HPA) (registered in Ethiopia as Health Limited) staff in Ethiopia
Base: Based in Addis Ababa with regular travel to project sites (at least once per month)
Job purpose: Responsible for the overall development and implementation of the programmes and representation of the organisation in country
Health Limited globally trading as Health Poverty Action, works for health and global justice in partnership with people who have been marginalised and pushed into poverty.
We work with communities to help them demand their right to health, and to challenge the power imbalances that deny them their health rights.
Health Poverty Action’s work has grown to include programmes in 14 countries across Africa, Asia and Latin America (with more currently in development). We always prioritise the poorest and the most marginalised – those neglected by governments and almost everyone else. This has led us to work in some very difficult environments, often providing the only external assistance. Health Poverty Action currently employs about 500 staff worldwide (with the vast majority located in our programme countries).
The Country Programme Manager (CPM) will provide leadership, representation, and technical program support and ensure project delivery, with high-quality outputs, accuracy and consistency including continued monitoring of implementation. The CPM leads the country program team and works in close collaboration with the local partners and the responsible central, regional and local Ethiopian Government offices in the development and implementation of the Country Programme.
Main Functions of Post:
- Under the support and supervision of the Africa Head of Programmes, the CPM provides overall management for Health Limited’s work in Ethiopia, ensuring good financial and Human Resources management, as well as management of the programme work done through local partners.
- Designs/develops and implements a country strategy which is consistent with the organisation’s global Strategic Framework and its vision/mission, including identification and development of new programme initiatives through bids/calls for proposals, and developing new partnerships with potential donors, like-minded partners and consortiums.
- Represents the organisation in Ethiopia through the promotion of excellent relationships with central and local government offices, donors’ local offices, international organizations, and other NGO’s in-country.
- Seeks opportunities to influence policy and raise additional funds for projects from in-country donors, including through consultancies.
- Maintains regular communication with the Head of Africa Programmes, and ¬¬¬the London based Programme Officer/Programme Assistant as well as other HPA staff members as necessary on issues related to project development, grants management, finances and social/economic/political developments in Ethiopia that may affect the organisation’s current/future operations, and with other Country Offices on technical issues and cross learning.
For a detailed job description and to download the application form, please visit https://www.healthpovertyaction.org/about-us/jobs/
Application forms need to be submitted to email@example.com by Friday, 20th September 23.59 PM East African time. Late submissions will not be considered.
Please note that due to a potentially high number of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be notified.