Manage and ensure a safe, efficient, cost-effective and timely airport operation so that Emirates’ image, reputation and customer service levels are maintained and enhanced, as per the criteria set forth by the Company’s commercial, safety, and security policies, standards, and procedures. Ensure that appropriate action is taken for providing prompt service to Emirates customers to maintain, and where required, to restore the goodwill and confidence of customers facing various adverse situations (flight disruptions, denied boarding, etc.). Ensure that Service Level Agreements, On-Time Performance (OTP) and Key Performance Indicators (KPI) are achieved in line with the company standards.
- Implement and periodically review strategy to ensure that EK airport staff fulfils all procedures, standards and instructions as laid down by Company’s policies and Procedures. Achieve KPI targets set by Airport Services such as flight punctuality, check-in standards and baggage service standards, so that EK remains competitive. This will be achieved through regular liaison with the management of service providers in order to identify problem areas and find solutions to them.
- Ensure adequate measures and audits are implemented and maintained in order to protect the safety and security of the whole operation including aircraft, customers, cargo, baggage, and all staff. Monitor all aspects of the operation in order to achieve and maintain acceptable customer service standards.
- Lead, guide and develop staff in order to ensure the station has a disciplined and motivated workforce that adheres to customer service and other operational standards. Check on an ongoing basis the competencies, training records of EK and service providers particularly in areas where certification is required.
- Perform all administrative duties in an accurate and timely manner, e.g. Monthly Reports, Performance Appraisals, Baggage Claim settlements, invoice verification, general correspondence, and complaint investigation and highlight areas of potential problems, reoccurring discrepancies, service failures and provide recommendations for continuous improvement. Prepare and constantly review local procedures or Diversion/Delay Handling/Disruptions and Emergency Procedures for the reference of EK staff, Service providers and relevant authorities.
- Represent EK at appropriate official forums, i.e. AOC meetings, AOC sub-committees, and Working Group meetings, and liaise with government organizations, i.e. Customs, Immigration, Transport Authorities, and Police. Develop and maintain excellent relationships with internal/external departments, Airport authorities, GHAs and other service providers and exercise personal influence to achieve the required end results for Emirates.
- Accountable for annual budgeting of revenue, expenses and capital expenditure. Within these parameters, provide a cost-efficient service that best represents value for money. Create a dynamic measurement and reporting systems, for purposes of providing periodic reports on the operations. Review overall performance of all areas in terms of costs, revenue, productivity, quality, safety, and security. Regularly analyze results with a view to pro-actively attend to emerging issues.
- Accountable person (Reporting Official) for Emergency Planning which includes maintaining the localised station ERP, training, exercising and lobbying for change or awareness amongst the airport community or internal stakeholders.
- Provide required support for xxx process when the external provider carries out the random testing to ensure there is EK management presence and relevant documentation and other formalities are handled in line with the Company procedures.
- The ASM should be carrying out regular audits on the Ground Handling agencies to ensure the defined scope of regulation aspects of the role is maintained. The audit is to be conducted in accordance with a checklist provided by the EKAS Quality Assurance MANAGER and any findings and observations should be reported to EKAS Quality Assurance. Furthermore the ASM should conduct regular audit of all customer touch points and report any findings that are not in line with the company standard.
- Promote a continuously improving culture of Safety, with open reporting of Safety deficiencies, Human Factor issues and compliance with local laws to uphold the delivery of safe and secure operations. Accountable for Passenger Service and Ground operations Manual management. Ensure all controlled documentation is in compliance with Regulatory bodies, Quality Assurance, Safety and Brand standards.
Airport operations.Passenger Handling :
Educated up to degree level (minimum A Level standard). Qualified to an advanced level in Customer Services, Ground operations, Baggage Claims, Reservations & Ticketing, and Weight and Balance.
Given the specific requirements at outstations, a minimum of 8 years experience is required in Airport Customer handling/operations, of which minimum of five years should be at a managerial level.
Should be conversant with Flight Planning and the pertinent aspects of Meteorology. Must be able to operate and/or be familiar with various computerised systems, e.g. for Reservations, Baggage Tracing, and various software packages used by the Company such as Word, Excel, etc. Fluent in spoken and written English and local language.
Must be able to work under pressure in an environment which requires a very high degree of initiative.
The Job holder is responsible for adhering to the relevant health and safety requirements and safe working practices applicable to their employment.
Please note that you must have the right to live and work in Ethiopia as the company will not assist with work permits.
Salary and Benefits We started out in 1985 with just two aircraft and handful of enthusiastic people. Now we have a team of over 60,000 and one of the largest fleets in the world. You could be part of our story and join us in our home city, Dubai. You’ll earn a tax-free salary and enjoy a competitive package of benefits. Our cosmopolitan team is built by people from over 160 nations. But wherever we’re from, there’s one thing we all share – a passion for travel. Our airline connects people to new places, experiences and cultures in 160 cities across six continents, and our route network is growing all the time. We have the only fleet of just A380 and Boeing 777 aircraft in the world, and we’ve won multiple awards for our on board experience. We’re looking for people from across the globe to join our team in a vast range of areas. Be part of Emirates and help us to create the future of travel. Join our growing team and enjoy a competitive remuneration package, discounts on flights and hotel stays. Find out more about working with us in our website www.emirates.com/careers