People in Need is a non-governmental, non-profit organization founded on the ideals of humanism, freedom, equality and solidarity. We consider human dignity and freedom to be fundamental values. We believe that people anywhere in the world should have the right to make decisions about their lives and to share the rights expressed in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.
The People in Need organization was established in 1992 by a group of Czech war correspondents who were no longer satisfied with merely relaying information about ongoing conflicts and began sending out aid. It gradually became established as a professional humanitarian organization striving to provide aid in troubled regions and support adherence to human rights around the world.
Throughout the 25 years of its existence, People in Need has become one of the biggest non-profit organizations in Central Europe. In addition to humanitarian aid and human rights, it now also targets education and helps people living in social exclusion.
We are part of Alliance2015, a strategic network of eight European non-governmental organizations engaged in humanitarian aid and development projects. This collaboration increases effectiveness, both in working in the target countries and in campaigns aimed at influencing the attitudes of politicians and the general public in Europe.
In our over 16 years operation in Ethiopia, has focused on projects in five main areas of interest: Education and Social protection, Environment, Livelihood and Agriculture, Water, sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) and Emergency programs
PIN currently invites applicants for the position of: Consortium Coordinator for the project called ‘Job creation for potential migrants in Addis Ababa’, which is granted by the Embassy of Italy in Addis Ababa within the framework of the programme SINCE ‘Stemming Irregular Migration in Northern and Central Ethiopia’, funded by the European Union ( January 1, 2018 – December 31, 2019).Duration of the employment contract will be until June 2020
Under Direct supervision of the Head of Programs the Consortium Coordinator will be responsible for:
– Reviews and manages projects´ results, especially linked to high level government stakeholders´ platform building, donor relations, city and private enterprises level to ensure project´s acceptance and working environment to ensure positive outcome of the results due to agreeable environment and support for the objectives of the project by the above named stakeholders.
– Closely coordinates with Project managers, shares responsibility for reporting in regards to agreed stakeholder activities
– Conduct a regular Coordination meetings with partners program staff; reviewing project progress, challenges and plan for the following period.
Partnership Coordination and development
– Coordinates partner NGO focal persons – eg. Project managers, Program Managers, M and E and monitors implementation of their activities and ensures compliance with donor and PIN rules.
– Represents project at various stakeholder meetings
– Ensures (in cooperation with HoP) that direction of relevant advisors at HQ (e.g. resource person, DO,..) regarding quality and goals of the project
– Participates in relevant cluster coordination meetings to ensure the organization’s programs playing a vital role and to secure required support from the cluster coordination mechanism as far as delegated by HoM
– Ensures all communication and outputs communicated to donor, government officer, partners and other project stakeholders are relevant, are of high quality and information value
– Focusing on proper advocacy for TF SINCE topics with relevant agencies
– Ensure platforms are created and functioning as envisioned by the project proposal
– Ensures compliance of project activities with EC/donor rules and government
– Cooperates with HQ compliance dept. on as needed basis
– Reports to CD any conflict of interest within the project
– Ensure partner compliance and reporting is done on time
- Minimum of BA Degree in Development studies, economics, Social science, or other related fields of study.
- At least 5 years of experience managing a development project and experience of managing a consortium project
- Coordination and reporting skill required
- Experience and understanding of Monitoring and Evaluation systems
- Excellent written communication skills and ability to use Microsoft Office (Word, Excel etc.)
- Strong organizational and project management skills, and ability to deliver within tight deadlines
- Excellent knowledge of spoken & written Amharic and English.
- 3 strong references (will be crosschecked)
How to Apply
Interested applicants for the position should send their CV and Cover letter as soon as possible via following the link: https://airtable.com/shrgjNLHRBGrlMreJ until September 20, 2019.
Should any information needed please contact using: email@example.com
Please note: PIN does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing, training or any other fees).
Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Deadline: Sep 20, 2019