East Gojam zone Vital Event Registration Agency (VERA) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Data Collector in East Gojam zone, Amhara region
The project wanted to hire experienced Project Coordinator from East Gojam zone, in Amhara regional state of Ethiopia.
Duties and Responsibilities:-
- Receive an intensive training on electronic verbal autopsy procedure
- Involve in the training of data collectors and other field staffs on how to capture death
- Contact the Wereda, and kebele Civil Registration Office to ask permission on the conduct of the study.
- Monitor field staffs in the capture of cause of death data using the GRADE infrastructure platform
- Supervise data collection process during enumeration and verbal autopsy data collection
- Help data collector in case of difficulties like in identifying a family care taker for the deceased household member, explain the purpose of the study and convince to participate in the study
- Make sure that the data collector are conducting the verbal autopsy data collection according to the guidelines received during the training.
- Meet with the data collector to submit completed questionnaire
- Discuss work progress with the team.
- Submit weekly plan and report to the research team.
- Handle the project property and documents with extra care
- Solve or Report any challenges faced by the data collector in the same day of their occurrence
- Respect community socio-cultural norms.
- The project coordinator should be committed to work in hard to work environment.
- Perform any assigned tasks given by the project investigator.
- A minimum of Masters Degree in public health and related fields.
- Skill in Information Technology is mandatory
- Familiarity with the data collection area or locality is an asset
- Previous experience in health-related field data collection is an asset
- Fluency in English as well as Amharic languages
Place of data collection: All woredas of East Gojam zone, Amhara region
How to Apply
The qualified applicants should present their CV and important documents to the East Gojam zone Vital Event Registration Agency (VERA) office at Debremarkos within 5 working days of this announcement.
Deadline Date: November 8, 2019
Jobs Vacancy in Ethiopia, ethiojobs, jobs in Ethiopia, jobs, ezega jobs, jobs near me, government jobs, jobs vacancy near me, etho jobs, vacancy in Ethiopia, Ethiopia jobs, JOB in Ethiopia, Ethiopia jobs, Ethiopia JOB, vacancy in Ethiopia, ethio JOB vacancy