Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Finance Coordinator in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
Title: Finance Coordinator (Budgeting and Reporting)
Location: Addis Ababa -(20% travel in Ethiopia)
Employment Category: G1
Reporting To: Support Services Manager
Start of Contract & Duration: 2 years
Posting date: September 18, 2019
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC), an international non-governmental organization (NGO), has been providing relief and development services in the Horn of Africa since 1997. DRC promotes and supports solutions to the problems faced by refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs), and migrants. The organization has offices across the region, and has been operational in Ethiopia since 2009. With funding from bilateral and multilateral donors, DRC is currently implementing a range of activities across Ethiopia and Djibouti, including WASH and shelter provision, child and youth protection, gender-based violence response, awareness-raising of migration risks, protection monitoring of migration routes, and livelihoods support for returning migrants or those at-risk of migration.
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is leading a £21 million program to protect would-be migrants and refugees from unsafe irregular migration through and from the Amhara, Tigray and Somali regions of Ethiopia. The 4-year programme, funded by the UK Department for International Development (DFID), is anticipated to be innovative, cross-sectoral and solutions-oriented with a strong emphasis on research, learning and adaptive management.
The overall purpose of the role:
RESPONSIBILITIES of Finance Coordinator
- Update and maintain a programme master budget for informed decision making, based on DRC Policy Briefs in line with DRC Dynamics (Microsoft Dynamics) implementation.
- Conduct regular budget analysis to ensure timely identification of gaps, and appropriate cost allocation of resources, as per programme needs.
- Ensure that the programme information related to budgets is accurately recorded DRC Dynamics (Microsoft Dynamics 365) and is compliant with latest guidelines provided by DRC HQ.
- Ensure timely delivery of quality donor financial reports, consistently meeting internal and external deadlines. Towards this end, compile and review partners’ financial reports and documentation ensuring correctness and completeness of inputs.
- Ensure compliance with donor rules and regulation through regular reviews and close monitoring. Ensure that any compliance issues are raised to the Support Services Manager as soon as they are discovered and propose solutions to ensure compliance.
- Setup and organize project Budget Follow-ups (BFUs) in a way that enables the Chief of Party, program managers and budget holders to ensure effective budget monitoring and control
- Propose and draft necessary adjustment or rebooking of entries on an ongoing basis
- Liaise with relevant Managers on key financial issues for the program, including financial documentation, reporting, key variances and any remedial action
- Collect, consolidate and submit cash forecasts for the program and requesting funds in a timely manner
- Support the development and implementation of programme specific procedures and guides.
Experience and technical competencies: (include years of experience)
- Minimum 5 years’ proven progressive experience in finance related positions
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working for INGOs
- Proven experience in working with financial management of projects funded by humanitarian donors
- Solid knowledge and understanding of financial compliance and procedures
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work under pressure
- Excellent skills in the use of computer applications (MS Excel, Word, Power Point);
- Have right to work in Ethiopia.
- Master’s or Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, financial management or related field
- English – Fluent.
- Amharic – fluent
All DRC roles require the post-holder to master DRC’s core competencies:
Striving for excellence: Focusing on reaching results while ensuring efficient processes.
Collaborating: Involving relevant parties and encouraging feedback.
Taking the lead: Taking ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: Listening and speaking effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: Acting in line with DRC’s vision and values
Interested candidates who meet the required qualifications and experience are invited to submit updated CV and cover letter explaining their motivation and why they are suited for the post.
We only accept applications sent via our online-application form on www.drc.dk under Vacancies.
Please forward the application and CV, in English through the stated website no later than October 1, 2019.
For general information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult www.drc.dk.
Gender Equality: DRC is committed to achieving gender parity in staffing at all levels. In light of this, women candidates are particularly encouraged to apply to bridge the gender gap.
Equal Opportunities: DRC is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment based on mutual respect for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, disability status, religion, ethnic origin, colour, race, marital status or other protected characteristics
We encourage only qualified Ethiopian Nationals to apply. DRC considers all applicants based on merit.