BRITISH COUNCIL is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Country Financial Controller/Senior Accountant in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
- Complete all Financial tasks required for the Financial month end process, being accountable to the Cluster Financial Controller for the per-closing and month end closing steps, including maintenance of accounting records. As part of this the role will also be responsible for carrying out all accounting transactions and adjustments (accruals, deferrals and provisions), including Inter company accounting, ensuring appropriate use of these in line with accounting rules.
- Assist with manual journals and off-system payments requests ensuring accuracy and compliance with relevant policies.
- Preparation of local Tax submissions and other statutory returns to Cluster Financial Controller for approval.
- Produce periodic reports relating to Financial accounting for the operation as requested by Senior Financial Controller for the cluster 3 Senior Accountant – Ethiopia
- Complete Travel & Expenses audits as per policy addressing issues in a promptly manner.
- Supports Cluster Financial Controller with the creation of billing documents once the process has been initiated by the country’s operations.
- Support the process of Income in kind submissions including maintenance of supporting documentation.
- Qualified/Chartered Accountant (ACCA, ACA, CPA, CIMA, etc.), minimum of 2 years post qualification experience in a similar accounting role.
- Highly organized and deadline oriented, High level of accuracy and attention to detail, Experience in working with a diverse team, Experience of an ERP system
- Experience working with SAP, working in a charity, NGO/INGO, etc are desirable.
How to Apply
British Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from suitably qualified female and disabled candidates.
A detailed role profile for the post and a definition guide for British Council behaviors and Core Skills can be obtained from our website at;
Only applications on the standard form must be accepted. All completed application forms must be submitted to the address by 5 September 2019 at 5:00pm (EAT).
British Council Ethiopia
PO Box 1043
Comoros Street Tel. 011 6174300
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Deadline Date September 5, 2019