Creative Associates International, Inc. (Creative) seeks an Information Officer for an anticipated USAID-funded project which will implement activities in support of Ethiopia’s democratic opening and the Government of Ethiopia’s reform agenda.
The Information Officer will play a key role in coordinating the high volume of information that comes from the implementation of program activities, as well as other sources, such as open-source reporting and media, and utilizing this information to contribute to program learning efforts and to inform strategy decisions made by the USAID Country Representative (CR), Deputy Country Representative (DCR), and Chief of Party. The Information Officer will liaise with various stakeholders in Ethiopia, including national and sub-national government officials, development actors, civil society, and media outlets in order to improve the program’s understanding of the country context and inform any resulting adaptation of strategy and objectives as directed by the CR and/or DCR. The Information Officer will contribute to reporting and learning materials and deliverables as needed.
The Information Officer is responsible for:
- Gathering information from a variety of sources and performing analyses in an effort to improve and refine senior management team members’ understanding of the country context, current trends, and changes;
- Synthesizing information from multiple sources and producing easily digestible updates and trend analysis;
- Liaising with a variety of stakeholders and entities, to include national, sub-national, and local officials and leaders; civil society actors; other development agencies, projects, and activity representatives; and media outlets;
- Creating written reports and/or deliverables detailing the results of analysis, information gathering, and/or other projects as requested by the senior management team;
- Contributing to regular program reporting in coordination with other relevant staff members; and
- Presenting analyses and recommendations for programming, potential activities, strategy, and objectives to senior management team members.
Job Required Qualifications:
- A minimum of four (4) years of progressively responsible relevant work experience, including program reporting, social science research and analysis, journalism, or other related fields;
- Experience performing analysis on political and democratic transitions, political reform, and/or conflict mitigation;
- Experiencing liaising with national or sub-national government officials and representatives on a regular basis;
- Experience working in a diverse and fast-paced environment;
- Demonstrated ability to perform analyses with a quick turnaround to inform decision-making in a timely manner; and
- Fluency in written and oral English.
Highly Desired Qualifications:
The following are highly desired but not required:
- University degree in a relevant field;
- Experience with performing research and analysis or program reporting on a donor-funded project; and
- Experience presenting recommendations or reporting to high-level officials or decision-makers.
Local candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
Position contingent upon donor funding.
Closing date: 19 Oct 2019