|DAI is an international development company. For more than 45 years, we have worked on the frontlines of international development, tackling fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability. Currently, DAI is delivering results that matter in some 80 countries. Our development solutions turn ideas into impact by bringing together fresh combinations of expertise and innovation across multiple disciplines. Our clients include international development agencies, international lending institutions, private corporations and philanthropies, and national governments.|
Key Expert 2- MRV Expert
The Key Expert 2- MRV Expert Technical Assistance to Ethiopian Climate Change Sector Reform Performance Contract
The overall objective of the Action of which this contract will be a part is to transform Ethiopia’s economic structure towards a climate-resilient and green economy.
Key expert 2: MRV Expert
The MRV expert will act as focal point and liaison officer between EU and EFCCC; s/he will be in charge of driving and facilitating the project’s environmental and GHG emissions activities. In particular s/he will be responsible for the achievements of the MRV related objectives. S/he will be based in the EFCCC and working in close coordination with the MRV Department and Forest Department.
Qualifications and skills
- Master Degree or equivalent in Environment or Forestry or Engineering or IT systems (or other equivalent scientific or technical area relevant to the expected services).
- Proficiency in English, knowledge of Amharic oral and written will be an asset.
- Excellent knowledge of Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Knowledge of IPCC 2006 MRV software will be an asset.
General professional experience
- At least 1 year working experience in Technical Assistance to public institutions.
- Experience in land use plan will be an asset.
- Working experience in MRV system will be an asset.
Specific professional experience
- At least 5 years working experience in projects related to climate change action and GHG inventory.
- Demonstrated knowledge (relevant projects should be spelled out in the expert’s CV) in remote sensing, satellite data for land use and GIS.
- Working experience in the daily management of a large pool of experts and/or stakeholders will be an asset.