Ethiopian Economic Policy Research Institute (EEPRI) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of PRINCIPAL RESEARCHER in Addis Ababa.
Summary: The Principal research for the Ethiopian Economic Policy Research Institute (EEPRI) is responsible for planning, organizing, directing and managing the activities of EEPRI in its effort for conducting research on economic policy issues and disseminating the outputs to members and the general public for the purpose of influencing policy makers in the country. He/she is also responsible for establishing networking with government and private institutions, partners and researchers both locally and abroad.
The Principal Researcher will undertake the following activities:
- Mobilize resources for capacity building, and research activities of the Association;
- Direct, plans, and implements research policies and objectives of the Association in accordance with the charter and the Executive Committee (EC);
- Develop policy and development research priorities in consultation with relevant stakeholders and the EC;
- Establish and implement quality assurance systems so that the quality of research outputs can be up to the expectations of the stakeholders;
- Design research agenda and prepare a consolidated work plan;
- Enhance the research engagement of EEA/EEPRI through assessment of where it would most contribute to the economic advancement of the country;
- Prepare and submit technical and financial proposals to potential partners;
- Identify potential partnership opportunities with stakeholders to implement research projects under different modalities;
- Effectively manage the network of EEA partners with timely, cost effective and transparent system of reporting;
- Design innovative dissemination techniques of the research findings of EEA and organize dialogue platforms to positively influence the policy making process;
- Create synergy among stakeholders who are engaged in actionable research on the Ethiopian economy:
- Design action plans for capacity building of research staff;
- Develop the annual operational plans of EEPRI and actively participates in the integrated annual plans of the Association;
- Coordinate research, advisory services and research dissemination functions to ensure that projects are accomplished according to the terms of contract;
- Approve payments for research, and consultancy works within the limits of delegated authority;
- Recommend the promotion, demotions and dismissal of research staff in accordance with the general policy of the Association;
- Participate and lead in recruiting researchers on contractual basis and authorize payments of their remunerations as agreed;
- Follows up all matters concerning national and international policy research developments, and engage EEA accordingly in contributing to the development of Ethiopian economic policy;
- Represent the EEPRI/EEA in major relationships with stakeholders, donors, government agencies and the general public in accordance to delegated authority;
- Prepare policy and research briefs;
- Prepare commentary notes on current issues on the Ethiopian economy;
- Participate in reviewing journal articles; and
- Other activities given by the EC of EEA.
- Education: PhD in Economics;
- Experience: 12 years of relevant work experience out of which 5 years in managerial position and good track record in publications in reputable journals, preferably international high impact journals.
Place of Work: Addis Ababa
Duration: Three years and subject to extension depending on performance.
How to Apply
Date Of application: With fifteen (15) days from the date of appearance in relevant news papers.
Short listed applicants will be contacted to prepare for presentation, the title of which will be determined by the recruitment committee.
Interested applicants who meet the above requirements can summit non-returnable copies of educational and other supporting documents along with their CVs within 15 calendar days from the announcement of this vacancy to the following address.
Ethiopian Economics Association
P.O. Box 34282, Addis Ababa
Or in person to EEA Head office which is located to Yeka Sub City, Woreda 11, CMC Road, (‘ALTAD’ area), adjacent to St. Michael Church
Latest Jobs vacancy in Ethiopia