The main purpose of the job:
Working on clearance of official consignments; assisting staff on Visa, driving license, diplomatic ID cards, vehicle registration, etc. and managing team budget and working as an emergency cover for Accounts team
Roles and responsibilities:
- Arranging import and export clearance – Unaccompanied Airfreight (UAF), Heavy Baggage, Cars, Pets, Medical items and other goods.
- Working on new registration and transfer of vehicles.
- Obtaining diplomatic cards, driving licences, duty free papers, visas, etc.
- Liaison with Ethiopian government offices over payment of bills, custom clearance and other matters where the Embassy need assistance.
- Clearance of Embassy goods from Customs and working closely with local and UK agents.
- Ensure that VIP facilities are available at the airport.
- Work with HM consul on British Nationals protocol matters.
- Work on medical evacuation as required.
- To handle imprest for the protocol team.
- General understanding of billing
Willing to work for extended hours, midnight and early morning as needed.
Annual Leave and Public Holidays:
The locally engaged staff of all grades will be entitled to paid annual leave as follows:
Up to 2 years 22 days
After 2 years services 25 days
After 5 years services 30 days
In addition to annual leave, the British Embassy observes up to a maximum number of 14 Ethiopian, British and Religious public holidays each year. A list of such Embassy holidays will be published each year. Office Staff required to work on these holidays will be granted time off in lieu or overtime where circumstances permit.
- Please complete the application form in full as the information provided is used during screening.
- Please check your application carefully before you submit, as no changes can be made once submitted.
- The British Embassy will never request any payment or fees to apply for a position.
- Employees recruited locally by the British Embassy in Addis Ababa are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local employment law in Ethiopia.
- All candidates must be legally able to work and reside in the country of the vacancy with the correct visa/work permit status or demonstrate eligibility to obtain the relevant permit.
- The responsibility lies on the successful candidate to;
- Obtain the relevant permit
- Pay the fees for the permit
- Make arrangements to relocate
- Meet the costs to relocation
- Employees who are not eligible to pay local income tax: e.g. certain third-country nationals and spouses/partners of UK diplomats will have their salaries abated by an equivalent amount.
- Information about the Foreign and Commonwealth Office Competency Framework can be found on this link:https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/civil-service-competency-framework Please note: Job grade AA=A1, AO=A2, EO=B3, HEO=C4, SEO=C5
- Reference checking and security clearances will be conducted on successful candidates.
- Please log into your profile on the application system on a regular basis to review the status of your application
Jobs Vacancy in Ethiopia, ethiojobs, jobs in Ethiopia, jobs, ezega jobs, jobs near me, government jobs, jobs vacancy near me, etho jobs, vacancy in Ethiopia, Ethiopia jobs, Job in Ethiopia, vacancy in Ethiopia, ethio Job vacancy