Catholic Relief Services’ (CRS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of SENIOR PROJECT OFFICER in Addis Ababa.
Job Title: Senior Project Officer – DFSA Quality Improvement & Accountability
Job Location: Addis Ababa
Salary Offer: As per Company Scale
Total Years Experience: 2-3
Deadline Date: October 22, 2019
Purpose of the Position:
As a member of the DFSA MEAL team, you will monitor and report on all project activities in support of Catholic Relief Services’ (CRS) work serving the poor and vulnerable. Your thorough and service-oriented approach will ensure that the project consistently applies best practices and constantly works towards improving the impact of its benefits to those we serve. You will also lead the monitoring and verification of intervention and outcome quality across implementation areas. This will entail conducting periodic assessments of quality of interventions delivered by the implementation teams and providing improvement suggestions.
- Develop and implement systems and guidelines for CRS staff and implementing partners to consult with male and female beneficiaries to define indicators for ELRP project success.
- Support the coordination and implementation of all assigned project activities as outlined in the detailed implementation plan in line with CRS program quality principles and standards, donor requirements, and good practices.
- Monitor and report any challenges and/or gaps identified to inform adjustments to plans and implementation schedules. Assist partners in their efforts to reflect on project experiences.
- Support accountability through coordinating project evaluation activities and assisting partners in their efforts to collect and analyze project data per specified mechanisms and tools. Collaborate with local partner(s) to prepare reports per established reporting schedule.
- Establish a sustainable Complaints Response Mechanism (CRM) at woreda level which ensures all beneficiaries can make confidential complaints and be confident in response processes
- Develops and implements as system to monitor quality of outputs and outcomes achieved by the project and provides recommendations on quality improvement measures.
- Conducts periodic assessments using Lot Quality Assurance Sampling (LQAS) or similar technique to assess quality of interventions in sampled project locations and develops improvement actions with project team.
- Collect information on staff capacity needs and technical assistance needs of partner organizations and monitor capacity building and technical support activities to ensure effective impact. In coordination with ELRP MEAL Program Manager and the broader country program MEAL Community of Practice, use CRS’ MEAL Policies and Procedures to develop training and refresher modules that ensure that all participants have an in-depth understanding of Accountability and are equipped to apply it in their working lives
- Complete project documentation for assigned activities. Assist with identifying information for case studies and reports on promising practices.
- Ensure beneficiaries are aware of the key elements of CRS’ accountability policy and procedures and the expectations and standards required of CRS staff and partner staff, especially 2010 Humanitarian Accountability Partnership (HAP) Standard and how this should be applied within their roles.
- MA/MSC Degree in related field of study with 2 years’ relevant experience for MA or 4 years relevant experience for BA degree.
- Professional training on accountability and protection principles is an added advantage.
- Experience in participatory action planning and community engagement.
- Experience in monitoring projects and collecting relevant data preferred.
- Experience using statistical analysis software such as SPSS, STATA, R or similar software.
Agency-wide Competencies for all CRS positions:
These are rooted in the mission, values, and principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and to achieve the desired results.
*Trusting Relationships *Professional Growth *Partnership *Accountability
Duty Station: CRS/Addis Ababa Office
How to Apply
Please enter via https://form.myjotform.com/92831816780565to fill a form and attach your up-to-date CV and application letter only before the application deadline October 22, 2019.
Applications should be submitted by October 22, 2019 up to 5:00 PM, late submission will not be accepted.
These Job opportunities are open to Ethiopian nationals only. You will be contacted only if selected for written exam/interview. Phone solicitations will not be accepted.
** Qualified women are highly encouraged to apply**
Note: CRS is equal opportunity employer and hence candidate from all background: religion, ethnic group, qualified women and people living with disabilities, etc are all encouraged to apply.