- Job Title: WaSH Officer
- Salary Offer: 10000 Br ~ 15.000 Br
- Experience Level: Senior
- Total Years Experience: 3
- Deadline Date: October 17, 2019
General Description of the Role and Objectives;
WaSH Officer will be responsible for the day-to-day implementation and monitoring of planned wash related activities in emergency project woredas. He/she is responsible in ensuring wash projects are implemented as per each project agreed design and within agreed time frame with agreed amount of budget. He/she ensures that relevant local government organizations and communities are actively involved in the identification, planning, implementation and monitoring of emergency WaSH related activities.
Description of Functional Relationships of the role;
- Work with your immediate supervisor who is the functional manager of the project
- Liaise with ECC-SDCOHa Emergency project manager and other emergency project staff as well as with project area local government relevant staff and the target community for the smooth implementation of the projects.
- Maintain, and promote a firm commitment to community based wash projects planning, implementation and monitoring throughout all areas
- Work in collaboration with Zonal, and the project Woreda Water offices in relation to the wash projects implementation
- Contribute for feasibility study, Bill of Quantity (BoQ) preparations
- Ensure WaSH projects implementation work is as per technical designs, and specifications
- Keep appropriate records of WaSH activities using agreed template
- Promote community based sanitation activities at targeted Woredas/ kebeles activities.
- Monitor & supervise implementation of emergency water related activities.
- Facilitate community level sanitation trainings
- Conduct water quality test and treatment for water supply schemes as required.
- Involve in developing community water management and maintenance ,training manuals
- Involve in non-WaSH related infrastructures implementation activities whenever necessary
- Liaise with all relevant local organization, communities and partners in the promoting participatory planning & implementation in relation to WaSH activities
- Oversee the preparation of technical recommendations for desirable modifications of planned WaSH activities and contribute in updating design documents.
- Update the project activities progress to the project coordinator on weekly basis
- Represent ECC SDCO Hawassa in WaSH Cluster and other relevant coordination forums
- Report monthly on achievements against plans, quarterly reports and budget utilization.
- Perform any other duties given by your immediate supervisor.
- BSc degree in Water supply Engineering ,Hydraulic Engineering ,Sanitation Engineering and Water Resource Planning and Management Engineering or other related field with at least 3 years of relevant experience out of which two years should be in implementing of WASH project, preferably in NGO. Please include 2 references from current and former employers.
- Skill and language: Good in spoken and written English language, Computer program skill (excel, word, power point and using email).
Duration: 1 (one) year contract based on 45 days probationary period with possible extension for longer time
Monthly Salary:Birr 12,459.00 and birr 2,500.00 transport and communication allowance. Other befits will be as per ECC-SDCOHa HRM manual
Reporting to:Wash program coordinator
Job Location:ECC-SDCO Hawassa office
How to Apply
Interested applicant can Submit CV with cover letter and other education & work experience credentials to ECC-SDCO Hawassa office during working hours Room No. 4 or 7 OR Hawassa Catholic Secretariat P.O.BOX 12 , Hawassa, Ethiopia OR through email address:<email@example.com>
Closing Date: 7 (Seven) working days from the date of this vacancy announcement in The Reporter News paper
Expected start date: 1st week of November 2019
Only applicants meeting the minimum requirement will be short listed and contacted
Job in ethiopia